Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Adventures with Windows 10

Options
Rick Hadley - W0FG
Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I bit the bullet and did the Windows 10 upgrade on the main radio computer tonight.  It went relatively smoothly, though I did have to download new drivers for both my AMD and Nvidia graphics cards to get Win 10 to recognize all 3 monitors.  After reinstalling SSDR, (I'd done a full Revo uninstall), SSDR came up fine on the 6500, but couldn't find the Flex Control.  I tried moving it to Port 99, but still no go  Powered everything off with the Flex Control disconnected, powered it back up, plugged in the FC and back to operational.  I started bringing up my suite of normal programs.  The only one that gave me an error was CW Skimmer, though it seemed to be working.  It later gave me more problems, so I did a Revo uninstall of it, and downloaded and reinstalled and everything is fine there.  The one issue I'm still having is that SSDR leaves a 3/4" gap at the bottom of the screen on my big 27" AOC monitor when I maximize it, and I'm unable to stretch it past that point if I try to resize it.  It's the only program that happens with....the browsers, both Chrome and the new 'Edge', all maximize to the top of the task bar....which now appears on all 3 monitors, so I'll post this as an SSDR software related issue.  I have also seen one other instance of the Flex Control getting lost, but unplugging and replugging it in seems to cure it.  FWIW, the normal operating environment includes SSDR, DDUTIL, SmartBridge, CW Skimmer, HRDRotor and HRDLog, as well as FR Stack, with SSDR on the center monitor and the others spread across the flanking 19-inchers.

Comments

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Glad W10 is working OK for you. I took another tack. Loaded W10 on a "sacrificial" laptop not on the station computer. Hopefully that will keep me happy without destroying SSDR functionality. I may try out SSDR on the little guy, as a "development" project. Seriously, Win7 is just fine for Flex stuff!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.