Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Recording QSO TX AND Rx simultaneously - Plan A

Roy Laufer
Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in New Ideas
Well, Here's Plan A - 

I put the 6700's speaker output thru an attenuator to a $8 audio to USB converter. I turn on the monitor setting and listen myself thru the Dax output on my computer speakers (so that I can work without headphones and without feedback).

Results: Failure

Apparently RF is getting into the inexpensive (cheap) Audio to USB converter even when the Monitor is set to 0, I still record distorted Tx audio from the converter.

Plan A-2 - 

Ferrite chokes at the audio input of the audio to USB converter.

No doubt the RF is getting directly into the plastic packaging of the converter.

Plan A-3 - 

Wrap packaging in aluminum foil shielding.

Perhaps a more secure Faraday cage might improve this situation...

Oh well, back to the drawing board...

Roy, AC2GS

Comments

• WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    The new version of LOG4OM allows you to do it.
  • elan
    elan Member
    edited February 2018
    when one can spend £6k uk pound on 6700 you can accept  that this function will work like the old 
    flex 5000 3000 etc was  nice and easy and then you can convert it to mp3 to be sent in the e-mail 
    it is better to wait may be one day it will come any way , may be ./as well i like to see extra window
    to be used like the PSDR some people who have the ssdr do complain why there is not a possibility
    to add more window so every operator can have the best one for his way of operation , 73
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Roy, I use either the software Audacity to record or my Winradio G305e, which is able to record WAV files. This Winradio is connected to the same Alpha Delta switch as my Flex-6500. As I transmit with 10 watts only, I don't need an attenuator.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.