Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Permanent keyboard mapping for togglng Transmit / Receive

Jay -- N0FB
Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in New Ideas
Is there a way to permanently configure a key on the keyboard to Transmit and Receive? When running remote LAN, once that you hit MOX you can simply hit the space bar to toggle MOX on/off. The problem is that if you touch any other button control on the screen, the space bar will toggle the last control modified. If there is no way to map a key permanently to toggle Tx/Rx, consider this a request for enhancement. Thanks in advance for your responses and consideration. N0FB - Jay Burgherr

Comments

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Jay 
    With DDUtil you can create a macro that will assert MOX and assign it to function key(s) or even toggle it on/off with the same key. If you dont want to use one of the F keys. you could probably remap any other key Ctrl,Shift,Alt + a key to send the F key assignment using a custom key macro with AutoIt. or use AutoIt to send a mouse click to the macro button in DDUtil. I know that the DDUtil macro buttons can do it. I just haven't tried creating either an AutoIt or AutoHotKey script to actually send the keypress or mouse click for PTT/MOX yet. it should be easy enough to setup though. It may even be possible with AutoIt to send the CAT command string directly to a COM port. If you don't want DDUtil in the mix. But that's also something I've never tried do yet. Flexlib API can be used to do this. It's definitely possible. Maybe someone knows an easier way. If no one else has a easier/better way, I'll give my way a serious attempt and post a solution for you in this thread. ZZTX1; turns MOX on, ZZTX0; turns MOX off. 
    It's added to my TODO list officially now, Im suprised I've never gotten around to it yet.

73, Jay - NO5J 

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019

You can also use FRStack.

FRStack provides a host of features to enhance your FR-6XXX experience.

FRStack communicates directly to the Radio using the FlexAPI therefore does not  require CAT.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/global-hotkeys-for-common-smartsdr-operations-in-fr...

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Mark 
    Thanks! A much easier and better way, Now why didn't that occur to me first. Probably something weird is wrong wIth my brainimage. Jay, you might like FRStacks if you've never tried it. A lot of useful, essential really, features all rolled up into one small program, and it doesn't use CAT. It also handles the permanent key assignment.

Actually, I use an AutoIt script to launch all the accessory programs I associate with SmartSDR. That script loads FRStacks, DDUtil, DXlabs, etc. When it sees SmartSDR start, and when SmartSDR closes it closes all the associated programs. It minimizes a lot of mouse clicking and taskbar button chasing on my multi screen desktop. I was thinking I could just add the keypress reassignment to that script. which would have been easy for me to do. But might have been hard for everyone else. And thanks to FRStacks it's completely unnecessary.

73, Jay - NO5J 
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Thanks everyone.  I'm going to try FRStack.   I still would love for there to be a native solution.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I wish most of FRStacks was native.image
    73 - NO5J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.