Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW (KY cmd) in HRD / DM780 won't stop in send mode

Edmondo Conetta
edited November 2017 in Third-Party Software
Hello all
I'm just setting up a Flex 5000a for our club and everything works perfectly, except one little issue. The issue was fixed before I formatted the computer but I don't recall what I changed.
Here's the problem
VSPE with

COM 9 => COM 10 => COM 11        CAT port  for POWER SDR (9) /  HRD (10)and CW Skimmer (11)
COM 7 => COM 8 => PTT  POWER SDR and DM780

VAC 1 and 2 properly configured

The issue is only when running DM780  in CW - KY

If I send a macro in an  DIGITAL mode, the moment that I presso STOP (F5), the TX will stop right away.

If I send a macro in CW - KY , the moment that I presso stop (F5), the TX will continue till the entire message is sent.

In program options
MODE + IDs = PTT checked and unchecked (same issue)
PTT via Serial Port Com 8  (with and withour DTR and RTS, same issue)

As I mentioned earlier, I had the same issue on a previuos configuration (before messing everything around) and I was able to fix it. After I decided to wipe everyhing and restart the setup......without aby backup :-(

Any help, any suggestion?

Thanks
Edmondo

Answers

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    My suggestion would be to post this in the HRD forum:

http://forums.hrdsoftwarellc.com/index.php

I am a HRD beta-tester myself, but can't help you there, because I use a
    WinKeyer, not the KY command.

I can only surmise that the whole CW string has to be sent, before you can stop the transmission. Which HRD version have you got? Version 6 has an "Abort" button. Have you tried that?

Now I'm off to Friedrichshafen for the Ham Radio to study at the SDRA,
    the "Software Defined Radio Academy". Wish me luck for a mortarboard ;-)

Alex DH2ID
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Edmundo,
          RTTY data is created and encoded in software external to the Flex hardware and is thus interruptible by the software.  A CW KY string of data is set to the FLex as ASIC characters, buffered, and converted to CW in the FLex and can not be interrupted  once the message has left the software.  This is a problem common to other radios that use CW via the KY CAT command..

AL, K0VM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.