Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Non English CW chars in CWX

Options
NICETO - EA5ZL
NICETO - EA5ZL Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas
I am very happy with my 6300 on phone and CW.
I usually make many QSO´s with my friends on 40m band, sometimes 60min + long ones. I like to send CW by keyboard, using CWX Live mode, but I am limited to English chars. It is very difficult to maintain a QSO using the spanish language, without having to send  our beloved "ñ" letter. ie "España, mañana, soñar and a long etcetera.
Is there any means to send this char from CWX.

73 from Niceto
6 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Niceto - there currently isn't a way to map non-US keyboards to localized characters for CWX.  So I have changed your post to an Idea topic and I have also added this request to a new feature database for future consideration.  Since this is an Idea post, others that find this request of value should vote up the idea by clicking the blue LIKE button on the top right of this post.
  • Stewart Howarth
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Niceto , Is there an alternative way to write the character in the English alphabet? As an example, the three extra Scandinavian letters that follow"Z" are often written "AE, OE, and AA"
  • NICETO - EA5ZL
    NICETO - EA5ZL Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Tim, many thanks for the answer and all your support. This is not a high priority addition. I hope this single letter addition praise, will raise enough interest for the future.
    Full Spanish Language support is only a letter away. Maybe not so simple in programming terms, I know.

Stewart, I think there is not an alternative to the "ñ" letter ( --.--) , but we can survive using "n".

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.