Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

audio level problem

Bill Carnett
Bill Carnett Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Yesterday I found a sudden drop in my receive audio level.  Both on speakers and headphones.  After trying to find problem, the only solution I found was that if the audio slider (Right/Left) was in the mid position, ie. balanced, very low audio.  If I move to right or left channel, full audio.  Both on CW and SSB.  With this I have an associated drop in CW side tone volume.  It is there but just not loud like it had been.  I'm sure I hit some switch but just can't figure it out.  Yes, I tried other headphones, same problem.  Help please!  thanks  73, Bill AH6FC

Comments

• Bill Carnett
    Bill Carnett Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

Ok, got it.  turns out there is a bad connection in the distal end of a sealed cable that is running between the radio and operating position, where the headset(s) are plugged in.  Must be intermittent and only in one, thus the isolated channel works but in the center doesn't.    Just stumbled across it while manipulating the cable.  Better to make your own cables.

Side tone is low but that may be a Flexradio issue?

thanks

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Sidetone has a separate volume (gain) control.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.