Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 transmit audio ticks

James Bondo
James Bondo Member
edited September 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have what sounds like a faint ticking noise or if you were messing with the mic cable and got some faint noise from that in my transmitted audio. I'm listening on a ftdx-3000 with headphones on the recorded playback audio and it happens on two different mics, one being a RE20 and the other a Shure 450. The mic gain is set to peak at -10 with processor on normal with transmit eq enabled and the NB, NR and ANF disabled. I've tried turning the program and radio off and back on with no help. Tried rebooting the computer and I still have the problem. Any comments?

Answers

• K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Listening to yourself just doesn't work! Ask another station to listen to your signal, should be ok. You can hear lotsa strange stuff monitoring your own signal...the receiver can be overloaded, you can heAr artifacts that don't get transmitted. You might also have rf feedback. Talk to another station and ask how your signal sounds.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.