Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dax Control Panel (1.4.11.137) Audio Stream Issue

Cal  N3CAL
Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
The stability of my DAX Control Panel (v1.4.11.137) is very poor!  I like to keep my Flex-6300 on in the shack during the entire day running WSJT-x (v1.5.0-rc1).   I've noticed for some unknown reason it will not keep a TX channel selected (usually chan-1) TX.   It will stay Red for a few hours then go from Red to Grey on its own without any indications.  When I go to transmit I find it's greyed out.  This happens daily and is very frustrating.   I leave the DAX Control Panel mostly minimized.  I've also noticed this happens with WSPR 2.12 as well.  Anyone figure out how to get DAX running smoothly without stopping for no apparent reason?   Network diagnostics shows no packet loss and I'm not running remote.  Rig is connected via gigabit lan to same switch my computer is connected.....

Cal/N3CAL

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

You might try enabling the DAX TX 1 without running the other programs to see if there is any relationship between using the DAX and attaching it to another program.

Jim, K6QE

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hiya Cal,

That's a new one. Haven't seen it before.
    Check in your Windows Control Panel devices list to confirm there are no "hidden" DAX channels (you'll have to select the "show hidden devices" option). My best guess is that there is something lurking from a previous installation. 
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I've seen something very similar to that but it was my understanding it was resolved. Perhaps, more accurately, Eric thought and hoped it was resolved. This issue has spanned several releases. I don't see it any longer, DAX appears to be stable here. I've also seen the DAX control panel simply disappear from the hidden apps container in the bottom right of the toolbar. The only way I could resolve either was to find dax_32.exe in the task list and **** it then find it in the flex subdir and restart it. It's easier than rebooting the world. This should be brought to Eric's attention. Maybe it isn't the same thing, but maybe it is.
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Hi George,  I've checked Windows Control Panel and there are no hidden DAX channels.   I've also done a complete uninstall of SSDR and all associated drivers, then a clean install but the issue remains  I think the issue is somehow related to cat commands when coming from third party software like WSTX-X or WSPR.   I left SSDR on and running along with DAX Control Panel with stream 1 RX and TX selected.  With nothing else running the TX stays red/enabled.  When I bring up WSPR or WSTJ-X the red tx goes to grey.  I can then reselect it and it's okay for a hour or so.  Other times the RED TX is enabled but I notice I'm not getting any output from the 6300???  This is so very frustrating I'm ready to give up. 
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    The fact that DAX stays in transmit with no third party software tells me there is something going on between DAX and third party software and this should be brought to the attention of Flex. It would seem they should be able to duplicate your problem and, perhaps, resolve it on the next SmartSDR upgrade.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2018
    Here is what is probably happening.  There can only be one DAX client running that has transmit enabled.  If you have loaded SmartSDR on other PC and the PC is booted up, it can grab the DAX TX channel and disable it on a different client.  Make sure you have not loaded DAX on any other PC connected to your network.
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Tim that was the problem!   I have SSDR installed on three computers here within my home network.  All three had DAX Control Panel installed and running in the background at the same time.  I never noticed that.  Once I closed out DAX on the other machines the problem is gone.  Thanks so much for the help.  All is well here and the digital side of life is solid. 

Cal / N3CAL
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015

Horray for Tim!!! I had a similar problem when I was running DAX IQ on two different machines at the same time.

Jim, K6QE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.