Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Introducing Maestro!

Comments

• rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    +1 for 5ghz / ac.  2.4ghz around my house isn't as reliable due to all the access points around here.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    The more I thought about it, after I ordered it, the more I realized what I am doing adds more value. So, as I told William, I have to amp up my game here. I am guessing since nobody has responded it doesn't do the current Wifi protocol (ac). Some people call that n but devices I have specifically call out 5G, like my laptop, tablet, and Tivo.
  • SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited January 2017
    I wonder how software upgrades/licensing for Maestro are tied to SmartSDR releases. Is there separate licensing? Will SmartSDR v2.0 include an upgrade for Maestro?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Stuff I bought years ago had 5G (ac), it is WAY more reliable and faster.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Ordered a unit for me!  Can't wait for Santa to schedule his stop
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Did not realized how big "Maestro" was: Although, I did read the size spec's ...
    I can just see it on my desk! 
    PRETTY 
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Nevermind, just saw another post in this thread that it supports 5ghz. Yay!
  • Greg - KØGDI
    Greg - KØGDI Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Since it has Bluetooth, will you be able to connect to the head with your tablet or pc via Bluetooth and run cat control and run digital modes via the bluetooth?  
  • KD8TVB
    KD8TVB Member
    edited May 2015
    I held the hardware this morning, very nice! Good work team Flex!
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    One thing I noticed is the mic input is rj-45 vs the 8pin din of the flex.  Will this come with a handmic? 

Thanks,

William
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    A hand mic is one of the optional products that can add to the base price. Other options are some supports to prop the display up, and a LiPO battery.
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    The little stands are optional?  I would think these would be included as they are pictured on the unit.
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I originally assumed the battery was part of the basic package. Someone earlier in one of these Maestro threads suggested that a SSDR 2.0 upgrade be thrown in for free.

I guess there just ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Steve, will it have control over TNFs? I don't see it in the photos.
    TNF is much better than ANF.

Mike wa6fxt
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    UNFAIR!! It wasn't at Visalia! (Feet stomping) Darn! I sure would liked to have seen that, up close. Oh, the wife is going to **** me, when she finds out that I just put down my preorder. 73's de wa6fxt
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I bought one. But it's Far too big to schlep around. Give me an iPad app
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Tim, Can we assume the Maestro is Software Download Upgradeable? 73'sde wa6fxt
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Sounds like USB-MAN to the rescue. USB serial and parallel ports attached to the F6000's USB port and SSDR controlling through the radio. Linux has lots of good USB serial / parallel device drivers FRS can leverage. 73's de wa6fxt
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Will it interface to N1MM logger?
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Tim, Ok! It's on order; however, I think FRS should reconsider not providing either a microphone or the adapter to use the radio's mic. For the price, it should come with some form of microphone setup. 73's de Mike wa6fxt
  • Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    It would be quite handy for really simple wiring if Maestro could be powered by POE as well as 10-15 VDC.  Then, only a single ethernet cable would be required for connection.  I didn't see a DC current consumption spec to get an idea if standard Power-over-Ethernet has enough juice to support it.  Lots of networked devices are powered this way nowadays.
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I agree, the device should be usable out of the box.

What is the pinout of the mic connector anyway?  Yaesu, Icom?

I also think the little feet stands should be included as well. 

William
  • VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    So do i
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It's a little surprising so many comments are about what this product should be or does it include this or that.

We have been given a sneak peak at a product that is still in development. The Maestro will not be shipped till the end of the year and a lot can change between now and then.

We might want to keep that in mind.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    My vote would be NO mic as there are plenty in the station, it'a personal choice and would add unnecessary extra cost.  The user may even use a Bluetooth  
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016

There are *NOT* plenty in the station that are compatible with the Maestro. If it was 6000 series compatible, then I would agree.

Mike

• WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016

Gerald,

If you still have time, you might want to rethink the microphone connector. A connector that is 6000 series compatible would save a lot of grief and complaints.

My $0.02

Mike wa6fxt

PS: Mine's on order.

Oh? - Will I be charged the full amount on my PayPal, when it ships or will I be asked first? (Do I need to keep the $900 on tap, or will I get notified first?)

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    A possible option, since a mike with a different connector was sent with the 6000 series, is to include just the cable (or sell one inexpensively) that has the coiled cord and RJ-45 connectors on each end. This would be compatible with the 6000's mike with a simple cord change. I have two mikes, one for the 6500 and one for my 1500, so I would be good either way if I chose to purchase a Maestro.
  • Reg
    Reg Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Howard told the Community about the great audio reports he gets while operating remote with a Logitech Bluetooth headset.  I bought a Logitech H800 headset and it generates great audio reports.  My plan will be to use the Bluetooth (wireless) headset with the Maestro.  The combination of a wireless headset and a battery in the Maestro will allow some types of operation to be conducted while completely free of wires.  (At least for the length of the battery charge.)  To me that is a nice option for some uses of the Maestro.  

Flex products are always well engineered so I am confident that by the time the final product is shipped they will have a reasonable solution for how to use our existing MICs with the Maestro, for those who wish to do so. 

Reg
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    This is a guess!  But I think this adapter would take the RJ 11 connector to the 8-pin format s on the front panel of a 6K series:

AD-100: Demultiplex adapter for FT 100. RJ11 to 8 pin Yaesu

http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/support/adapters/171

Undoubtedly FRS will have a adaptimicator/pigtail available when the product ships.

Regards All,

k3Tim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.