Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Could GetSatisfaction be configured to display last page first?

Options
Walt - KZ1F
Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in New Ideas
Where there are multi-page threads, rather than waiting for the 'prior' page to be displayed, then scrolled to the bottom, then select the next page. configure GetSatisfaction to display the last page first and users could scroll back if they so desired the prior page.

For the threads that only have a single page there would be no cost.

Comments

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Walt,
    Good idea -- GetSatisfaction also has a community where you can submit ideas to improve the community software, questions, etc.   Here is an example of one I sent in:

https://getsatisfaction.com/getsatisfaction/topics/vote_from_the_idea_list

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    If you click on the name following Last Reply: on the main page, it will take you to the last comment made on the post. Not a perfect solution, but it helps.

Jon...kf2e
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Another suggestion - add a link to Community Home at the bottom of the page. When I finish reading a topic, I have to scroll back to the top to that link now.
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just hit the back button. It will take you back to the list of topics. Again, not perfect but a work around.

Jon...kf2e
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    That would only work if you didn't navigate to the second page or later of a conversation.
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hit it twice.

Jon...kf2e
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    One thread, one idea. New ideas need new threads.

STOP THE THREAD HIJACKING
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thanks Al, I am not the licensee of GetSatisfaction, FRS is. For all I know it IS configurable. Had I written it, it would be. Who is hosting this, FRS, or is it SaaS?
    Whoever is hosting this needs a bigger server to run it on. Hitting next page should not take 10 secs to execute. Oh perhaps it is a tiered license rate and FRS isn't paying for premium performance. Either way, in a long thread, it shouldn't take better than 10 secs to go to the last page. Even if the response time were 2 secs, the software should assume you want to go to the most recent posts in a thread, not the oldest. That just ignorance.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
      Lacking a direct way to do that, as a conversation becomes very lengthy, the original
    author could create a second topic. When "Linux dipole" becomes unwieldy and has
    matured considerably, the author could create "Linux Dipole Part B".  The original
    would likely be referenced in the related column to the right for historical information.
    Some topics grow quickly as they mature, and the more interest, the longer and faster
    they grow.  A part A, B, C, etc. might do the trick, especially as page 1's become
    obsolete.

Ned, K1NJ

• Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    To get to the end press CTRL + End

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Dan, it appears CTRL+end goes to the bottom of the current page, not bottom of the LAST page. I just tried it by going to the landing page (first page) and keying in ctrl+END. it merely went to the bottom of the page. The idea was to, upon selecting a thread (conversation in GetSatisfaction palance) to land on the last page of it.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    GetSat is a SaaS.  And as a use of the software, you can suggest enhancements via their Community. (https://getsatisfaction.com/getsatisfaction).

You can complain about the performance too ;-)
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thanks Tim.
    But doesn't "he who pays the Piper, calls the tune"?
    They don't know me from Adam and, I agree, the performance sucks too.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Not necessarily.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.