Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

how wide a bandwidth can I send via DAX?

Simon Lewis
Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
edited April 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
loving my Flex 6500 btw :)

very impressed by it - i really love the pandapters :)

quick question ... how wide a bandwidth can I send down DAX??

Can't see to find how wide FLdigi will decode for example or cw skimmer in pileups

any ideas?

apologies if its a common question .. I did a search and could not see an answer

thanks

Simon ZL4PLM

Answers

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Fldigi will decode up to a 4Khz bandwidth. Multipsk in "direct IQ mode" will detect RSID's over a 192 Khz range. .  CW Skimmer with Smart SDR will decode pretty much the entire CW portion of each band via the SDR Bridge .
    Andy K3UK
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    DAX provides about 10kHz of real bandwidth in a 24ksps payload that gets upsampled to 48ksps in you are using Windows sound cards.  There is a raw_iq command that can be sent if you are using the SmartSDR TCP API which will expand this to 20kHz of bandwidth as IQ data.  DAX data is centered on the slice receiver that the DAX channel is associated with.

DAXIQ provides 24, 48, 96 or 192 ksps IQ data with approximate bandwidths of 80-90% of the sampling rate.  DAXIQ data is centered on the panadapter that the DAXIQ channel is associated with.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.