Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR bridge and CW skimmer solution is awesome!

ctate243
ctate243 Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
SDR bridge application to integrate skimmer is fantastic... Dax IQ stream..  FTP spots.. very very cool.  well done!  wish I could talk the author to integrate N1MM plus..  this is really really cool.  Kudos to W2RF.

Comments

• Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thank you, Chris!

As for N1MM+ integration, although CAT-free, SDR-Bridge is CAT compatible. That means if you use N1MM+ via a CAT connection on slices A/B, Bridge is aware of that connection.

For full compatibility, in SmartSDR open slices A and B, and in Bridge assign Slice A to IQ 1. Then on the Bridge Radio tab, enable "Split Follows TX Slice".

Then when you go into split in N1MM+ (or any CAT supported logger), Bridge will notice that and also go into split mode.

If you are using the K6TU iPad app, you can also control split operations from there.

Thanks again, and let me know of questions or problems.

73 ED W2RF
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I have been using SDR-Bridge v.1.1.3 with CWskimmer for some time. I notice that on 17 meter cw the CWskimmer frequency will not go below 18084.5khz. The skimmer waterfall stops at 91.5. Is this a problem with SDR-Bridge,  SmartCat, or some oversight on my part??
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Dave,
    Its working on 17M here.....running these versions

SDR-Bridge - 1.1.3.116
    SSDR - 1.4.3.132
    CW Skimmer 1.8.3.350
    DAX control panel 1.4.3.132

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    OK Al, thanks for the comments. All versions are correct, all settings are correct. But what I discovered was that the stream low value shown in the SDR-Bridge main window was stuck on 18082.5. Changing bands and coming back to 17meters did not change this value. I got to playing around, and found out by expanding then contracting the panadaptor range unstuck that value, and now all is well. Never thought to do that. I've been living with this for the past couple weeks.
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Dave,

Usually odd Skimmer waterfall behavior is due to the assigned slice not being in the proper range. Also occasionally the panadapter needs "shaking" in order to sync up. That would be equivalent to your expand/contract action.

Let me know of further problems. And Al, thanks for your help!

73 Ed W2RF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.