Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexLib getting the active slice current band

MikeColonna
MikeColonna Member
edited January 2017 in SmartSDR API
Hello, Tonight I have successfully connected to my 6300 through the FlexLib. I gather up current frequency and mode from the active slice. But what I can’t figure out is how to get the current band? Do I have to create a band plan then based on the frequency then figure out what band I’m in? Or is there a way to get this information from the active slice. Thanks Mike AA5MC

Answers

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017

Mike,

The band is a property of the panadapter class.  You should be able to use the Slice.Pandapter property to obtain the panadapter object that the slice is associated with & then read the Panadapter.Band property to get the band.

73, Ray, K9DUR

• MikeColonna
    MikeColonna Member
    edited April 2015
    Outstanding, thank you I'll take a look there...

Mike, AA5MC
  • James Whiteway
    edited April 2015
    In the slice added event do something like this:

string bandinfo = slice.Panadapter.Band;
                lblBand.Text = bandinfo;

Works for me and when you change bands in SSDR it automagically updates!
    james

WD5GWY

Saw your post days ago, but, I was out on the road and unable to post the code from memory and I didn't have my little Nextbook with me either.
  • James Whiteway
    edited April 2015
    Looking at a later post by you, it seems you already figured this one out!!
    james
    WD5GWY

• MikeColonna
    MikeColonna Member
    edited April 2015
    Hi James , yes I did but I appreciate your answer . thank you

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.