Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX 3000 FANS

Hello my friends. I have bought a used flex3000. Prior owner changed fans and temp gets very high (around 130 celsius) They are low noise but low refrigeration. I want install like original fans. Please.... Could you help me with specifications? A lot of thanks

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Some people did this mod because of noise from the fans. But the down side is less cooling with the mod.Remember it is a small cabinet and a lot is going on in there, such as a possible 100W.

If the fan noise does not bother you, maybe you should call Flex and order original fans and install them. I never did the mod on my 3000, I thought Flex had a good reason for selecting those fans.

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I have always kept my Flex-3000 as it came from the U.S: loud but cool and I stll
    use it for portable work. As I do a lot of JT-65/9 work with it's 46 sec. transmitting
    periods the fans get VERY loud, believe me!

There are some good advices here or on the net:
    https://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio@flex-radio.biz/msg50263.html
    A German guy built sawed the flex case in two halves and built up
    a new case (look at the end of the page):
    http://www.qrpforum.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7027

• Scott AC8DE
    Scott AC8DE Member
    edited March 2015
    I've never understood the mod at all.  I hope Flex can get you the part number or the fans.

If someone doesn't like the noise, why not simply mount the rig under your desk or somewhere not near your ears.  That's what I did.  You can even put in under a shelf that has some foam lining it to absorb some of the sound.  Just keep the power supply where you can get to it to turn on the rig with the supply.  Its' a simple solution.
  • Ruben Navarro Huedo
    edited March 2015
    A lot of thank's for your reply.
    I wait for some info about original fans.
    Thank's
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The part number for the replacement fan (qty=2) is DF126010BH

They can be purchased from:
    https://newpowersupply.com/top_motor_df126010bh_60x10mm_5300rpm_dc_12v_0_32a_2x_ball_bearing_fan_3_p...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.