Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 + DH Hercules MP3, is it possible?

EC4TR
EC4TR Member
Hi all I am a rookie with my flex 6300, I do not make do with the mouse and I would like to know if I can use an old Hercules Dj Control MP3. 
I know it can not use the usb ports flex. 
I installed the drivers from Hercules in the PC, but do not know how to operate it. 
73's Luis

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    As far as I know, no one has written any 6000 Series driver software for the Hercules DJ controllers yet. I wish someone would! I loved it on my 1500!
  • AE0MW
    AE0MW Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    SmartSDR does not support the Hercules controller, and to the best of my knowledge there has been no 3rd party software written to integrate the two.

Right now your best option is a FlexControl, or 2 Flexcontrols utilizing DDUtil.
  • EC4TR
    EC4TR Member
    edited March 2015
    Hi there 
    thank you both for the replies, I've solved by the moment configuring a ShuttlePro2. 
    Using the jog wheel as if it were the mouse and the jog wheel also, and it works fine. 
    I will publish a new post with the results. 
    73's Luis 
    EC4TR
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Just in case you haven't seen the other thread on this...

Wiliam - W4WHL has developed a program using the Processing Language for a Hercules DJControl Instinct.  I have converted it to the Hercules DJControl MP3 LE MIDI controller, which is similar to the MP3 e2.  It is probably possible to convert either of these programs to most any DJ or MIDI controller if you download "Processing" and edit all of the command control numbers to the correct channel numbers.  It might take a little time, but once you get the hang of it it is fun.  I have done all my work in a few hours this past weekend.  WHen I get mine cleaned up, I will publish it on the Community.

See this thread...
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/hercules-midi-with-6300?utm_source=notification&...

Ken - NM9P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.