Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Changing band by CAT does not change to the concerning antenna

Luis del MOlino
Luis del MOlino Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Own a Flex 6500 and I have dipols for 80-40-30 and a Yagi for 20-15-10 meters.
If I change bands in SSB or CW, each band conects to the right antenna, but if the band is changed by a digital CAT program that changes frequency, the band changes acordingly but the antenna remains always the last used unchanged and do not follows the band change.

That means that if I am not aware of the  last antenna used, I often start transmitting into the wrong one with a very high SWR. Fortunately, Flex 6500 seems not impressed by a couple of seconds of infinite SWR, until I can stop transmission and place the right antenna for that band.. 

This problem was already present in SmartSDR 1.3.8, but I see it remains unchanged in 1.4

Luis EA3OG

Comments

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    We had an issue on this, #1269, which was fixed in v1.4.  The issue was that persistence data was not used on a tune in CAT.  Can you tell us what the specific CAT command is that is being sent?  I suspect the one we fixed this for is "FA".
  • Luis del MOlino
    Luis del MOlino Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Steve:

I have been confirmed by the author of the digital program that the CAT commnad sent to change frequency was FA, so it seems that has not been well "fixed".

73 Luis EA3OG
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have reopened this defect for additional investigation.  Thanks for the report.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.