Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Help, 6300 will not accept new 1.4 up date.

Options
M0JUE
M0JUE Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hi, after starting to load v1.4 in to my 6300 it stopped and a popup message came up saying ( software is not compatible with this radio ) now the problem is it wont up grade or down grade so now i have a flex 6300 that wont work. some help wood be appreciated. 
M0JUE

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Cold boot the radio.  Power it off, remove the power cord for 15-30 seconds, replace the power cord and power up the radio,  It may take a while to boot as it should finish the firmware upgrade.  Then start SmartSDR after the power LED stays green for a minute or so..
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I bet he's trying to run the old software instead of 1.4.
  • M0JUE
    M0JUE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Tim, have you an email address so i can send you a snap shot of what is what on me monitor when ver 1.4 crashes, thanks de Alan M0JUE 
    Mine is hodson6660@gmail.com
  • M0JUE
    M0JUE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
  • M0JUE
    M0JUE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    i'm not trying to run the old software as the new software crashes when it tries to go in. simply put ver 1.4 will not up date the flex 6300, it crashes.........
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have changed this post to a problem topic and converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I checked the code to see what's happening here.  There are actually a number of failure conditions that will produce this message and most have to do with the upgrade data transferred to the radio not passing an integrity check.  I would recommend re-downloading the SmartSDR v1.4 installer and re-installing on the PC.  This will recreate these files.  Then attempt the upgrade again.

Clearly, the incompatible version dialog is a red herring.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.