Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

VOX active when CW active

Options
Walt - KZ1F
Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
edited November 2016 in New Ideas
I will call this an idea vs problem only because while Tim declared this not a problem about a year ago, yeah I think it is but...

The reason I see it as a problem is, even if in CW mode tripping the VOX does not transmit audio..I don't think; it still can trip which is, at a minimum, annoying and isn't required for CW. In order to resolve, the slice has to be moved to SSB and then VOX turned off. Once the slice is switched to USB (or LSB) then I suspect it is possible to transmit out of subband transmissions.

So, rather than debate whether it is a feature or a bug, here's an idea, how about when CW is active on the TX slice, the VOX button is deselected then disabled, as opposed to just disabled when active. While it shouldn't take priority on the burndown list, it's a 5 min fix and avoids potentially illegal transmissions. Again, I haven't actively tried to transmit audio in the CW portion of the band nor do I want to inadvertently do it either.

Thanks,

Walt - kz1f

Comments

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Update: yes, as soon as you switch to usb (to turn the VOX off) it can and does transmit in the CW only portion of the band. So now it is a higher priority burndown story. IMHO.

I am going to jail now huh?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.