Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can an external autotuner connected to a flex 3000?

Pierre Martel
Pierre Martel Member ✭✭
I have a flex 3000 And I have an AT-200 pro ldg autotuner. On some band when I do SSB the autotuner will start to autotune cause I have to program it as autotune on RF cause I do lots of remote control of my rig. Now it is not fun to have your autotuner go crazy switching while talking to a friend! 

Now if the flex 3000 could control the ldg tuner, it would tell it to tune when the tune fonction is on, and not on rf sensing.. 

So is there a way to do so?

Answers

• Scott AC8DE
    Scott AC8DE Member
    edited April 2015
    Why are you using a 200 watt tuner with a Flex-3000, since it has it's own tuner built in?
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I also use an LDG at-100PROII auto tuner with my flex-6500 and sometime a z-11proII. I have no issues with them at any time. There are setting in the tuner to set that will prevent it from doing what you describe.
    As for why use an external tuner, Both my 3000 and 6500 internal tuners did not have enough range to tune a non-resonant multi-band antenna.
  • Pierre Martel
    Pierre Martel Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    For the simple reason the ldg will tune much worst antanna then the internal flex tuner.
  • Pierre Martel
    Pierre Martel Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Well it looks like I cant RTFM properly.. never found such thing in it.. care to point me in the right direction? ;-)

• Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    In my manual on page 11 on auto threshold. 

• Ted  WA3AER
    Ted WA3AER Member
    edited July 2015
    The other question is whether or not the LDG tuner has means to accept extendable control commands. Were I at home and not on travel sans computer, I would have researched that before answering. If it does, you may wish to explore using DDUTIL and the macro commands available via PSDR. Ted
  • Pierre Martel
    Pierre Martel Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    ddutil? never seen this, care to explain?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.