Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 & MMTTY

Keith Morrison
Keith Morrison Member ✭✭

Can anyone solve my problem with MMTTY.... everything is fine until I narrow the RX filter down to say 300 Hz then the 2 vertical lines drift off the yellow markers making decode impossible.

I had this problem with my Yaesu radio, until I adjusted the RTTY shift then all was OK however I cannot find away to move the shift on my Flex 6300

please help thanks

Keith M1VHT 

Answers

• Joseph Duerbusch
    edited February 2015
    Hi Keith, well, the Flex is doesn't support RTTY.  They lump all digital modes into a center frequency of 1500HZ instead of the 2125/2295 normal RTTY tones.
    There are several ways to solve this but what I do with MMTTY is to set the  Mark Tone to 1445 which will then you be able to use your filters.  You also need to set NET button on.  This will make MMTTY transmit the same as the receiver frequency.  Otherwise it will transmit the 2125/2295 tones.  Make sure you set the rig to DIGL and NOT DIGU.

Hope this helps?  
    Joe K0BX

• Keith Morrison
    Keith Morrison Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

Hi Joe, many thanks for your information & settings with MMTTY. Maybe now I can make some progress with RTTY. I didn't know about the 1500Hz thing and this now explains my problem.

Will give it a whirl tomorrow as the band are now closed over this side of the pond

many thanks Keith M1VHT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.