Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Digital Questions

Ian1
Ian1 Member ✭✭
Questions on functions and Setup.

Gentleman I'm confused as to some functions that seem to change on there own for example . Under Setting / Radio Setup / Transmit  I keep RCA TX1; at 0 and enabled. This is for my Amplifier to key via DDutil. This Radio setup I thought was saved with Transmit Profile. However I notice it changes on it's own anyone seen this? " Not RF related"

Why can DSP settings not be saved under a Profile?

PSK or any other digital mode setup playing with the following controls seem to give me better signals. AGC on Fast and 100%

I would really like to see a list of specific functions that Profiles Global and Transmit saves better yet let me script what I would like to save with it a Macro that we can share for various modes.

If any of you have incite into these subjects chime in.

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    When you state that you notice it changes,What do you mean, is it changeing the 0 to another value, or enableing and disableing TX1? Are you using the DDUtil autodrive feature?
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Which digital mode app are you using for PSK? I agree on setting AGC to fast for digital. Being able to modify the values of the controls with scripted macros would be great. The stored profiles seem like they might be binary data, at least I cant read them with an asci editor. AutoIt or AutoHotKey might let you script a macro to manipulate the controls on the screen. the API folks might have a better way.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The TX Relay states are saved in the transmit profile.  If you make a change to them, the TX profile needs to be saved.  If you select or create a new global profile, you have to associate the TX profile where you saved the TX Relay settings with the global profile, since the two are independent of one another.
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Jay & Tim the 0 Value isn't changing what is changing on it's own under Settings / Radio Setup / Transmit are the Disabled Enabled controls for all 4 TX functions.

1st I thought it was the latest Windows update for 8.1 but I restored Computer removing update and all associated programs.

Yes I understand that when I create a Transmit profile it changes these for each profile and I like this. However mine is also random changing with the same profile any explanation?

PSK mode has been tested extensively  with AGC not enough Data on Olivia and MFSK etc.

Ian pse K

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Ian,

When I use the digital modes, I prefer to use the same settings that you stated.  I have try using it with it off. However, I did not see any improvements or results.

My radio usage is mainly digital.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    'CQG, let me welcome you to the long line of users waiting for the appearance of documentation on profiles and persistence. I understand it should see the light of day with v1.4
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Ian - please do the following.  Open up a HelpDesk support ticket for this issue.  Explain that the TX Relay on/off state is not being persisted with a profile change when the TX profile is the same.  Also do a full export of your profiles and attach that to the HelpDesk ticket.  I'll have engineering check out what is happening as the on/off state is stored in the TX profile.

For details on how to submit a HelpDesk support ticket, please refer to the following URL: http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Supp...  
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Found the Culprit

DDutil is changing the Flex Setting / Radio Setup / Transmit / ACC TX,  RCA TX1, RCA TX2, RCA TX3.

OK after playing with DDutil I found the interface that  was working properly that was causing this change.

Thanks Guys KM4CQG pse SK,

Ian

Thanks Tim !!!!!!
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Auto Drive.
    Enables and disables whenever you click OPER/STBY, and will disabe on band chabges if you have BOBC selected. other features in autodrive might also be the culprit. I use BOBC because my amp is manual and has to have the bandswitch operated before I try to key the amp. Its a safety feature. With DDUtil Autodrive you won't be able to depend on whats stored in the profile.
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Jay

I agree completely I now have worked out a good setup in Auto Drive / Expert setting to solve this issue.

Ian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.