Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Profile load crash with 1.3.8

Bob N7ZO
Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
edited February 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows

I have a profile with two panadapters and four 12kHz wide slices on two meters with my 6700.  I use it for capturing the telemetry from the two FUNcube satellites on two antenna polarities.  (I am using four DAX streams to four instances of the FUNcube dashboard software.) 
SmartSDR (picture from an older version of SSDR) looks like this:

I have been using this profile since 1.3.0 but since I have upgraded to 1.3.8, when I load it, about 60% of the time I get the following message and SmartSDR needs to be reconnected:

“The connection to the radio was lost.  Please reconnect”

Then DAX does not work and needs to be restarted twice.  (On the first restart the messages show two clients connecting and then there is no DAX running.)   Sometimes DAX crashes when the profile is loaded.

Sometimes, I have to restart the hardware before it is available for reconnection.

I have exported the profile and would be happy to send it to you.

Bob, N7ZO

Comments

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Bob, can you export the profile and send it to me so we can investigate?
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Done.
  • IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue with my 6300 but I found it is a systematic error: after having imported my saved profile, if I select it from the right combo, the rig continue working. If I select it from top "Profiles" menu, I get the same error reported by Bob.
    After that I have to force a shutdown from the front  power button and all my profiles are lost.
    If it needs I can send my saved profile that was exported using the last version of SSDR (1.3.8.126)

73' Enzo
    iw7dmh
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    Yes, please.  If you have a profile that causes an issue, we'd like to see it.  You can send it to steve at flexradio dot com and I'll see that it gets where it needs to go.

Thanks,
    Steve

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.