Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex3000 using iMac

Jim G3YLA
Jim G3YLA Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
Hi Flexers,  I have been a happy Flex 3000 user for about 3 yrs (mainly CW) and now  have access to a high spec iMac. Anybody used a Flex 3000 with one, and are there any Firewire/USB3/Thunderbolt issues here?  If it is possible in bootcamp, which version of windows (7 or 8.1) have you used or prefer? Mni tks es 73 de Jim g3yla 

Answers

• Mark Gottlieb
    Mark Gottlieb Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi Jim,

I don't have an answer to your question but have one for you considering your experience with CW with the FLEX.  Just getting into using the FLEX for CW and I have a Bencher chrome keyer.  I am finding that, sometimes, the radio will hang up, or briefly suspend, on dah's with the keyer. When it does this I tap the keyer and it releases.  Given your experience using CW with the radio, would you have a recommendation for what settings or adjustments on the radio or key would solve this problem.   I have already tried a few variations but can't seem to find the solution.

Thanks

73's
    Mark
    WA2DIY
  • KM6CQ - Dan
    KM6CQ - Dan Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hi Jim,
    I have a MacBook Pro. I have been using. First with the 3000 and now with my 6500. It works just fine. I use 8.1 Pro in boot camp. 8.1 is great. It is fast clean code and works very well however, I set it up to bypass the lock screen at boot up and go strait to the sign in screen, then desktop. Windoze 8 is the version they tried to force everyone into the touch interface. I prefer it to 7 because I like the keyboard shortcuts, one drive integration and how fast it is. 

73,   Dan KM6CQ
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Hi Jim,

I had a Flex 3000 that I used very successfully with my IMac (27", 3.5 GHz) running bootcamp.  I first used Windows 7 and then upgraded to Windows 8.1.  Both worked equally well.   I bought an Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire (800) adaptor.  I then bought a Firewire 800 to 400 adaptor which is the  version of firewire that the 3000 needs. It all worked well together.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Thunderbolt-to-FireWire-Adapter/dp/B008RXYOKY

http://www.amazon.com/NewerTech-9-pin-FW800-connector-adapter/dp/B002OVJ83I/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&...

Let me know if there is anything in specific that you have questions about.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.