Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Skimmer/SDR-Bridge odd happenings . . .

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
OK, This is a strange one.  If there is no ready answer here, I will take it to the Skimmer Forum.

I downloaded Skimmer, Skimmer Server and SDR-Bridge and registered the Skimmer package.  (After my "trial period" ran out several months ago, I had been waiting for other projects to finish before taking the plunge to the Skimmer world.)

Now I have discovered that If I have Skimmer on but am working stations on 12 Meter SSB that there are places when I tune near both edges of the SSB sub-band where the rig spontaneously changes from SSB to CW mode!  I can change it back to SSB, but if I nudge the control back and forth again, it switches to CW again!

Has anyone else had this happen?  I am sure that there is some software switch that I have turned wrong.

Ken - NM9P

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2020
    Are CW and SSB on the same 12m panadapter?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I was only using one slice on 12 meters.  I had been using skimmer to work some CW, then changed to SSB and moved up the band (or perhaps I clicked on a spot in my N3FJP ACLog logging program, I don't remember.)  Then as I tuned down towards the CW section of the band using the FlexControl Knob, ( but not there yet,) it changed automatically to CW.
     I changed mode back to SSB to try to listen to the station I was tuning, and it changed back to CW when I moved the FlexControl Knob.  Strange.  I did it again, this time tuning UP the band towards the upper band edge and it changed to CW again.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    The single panadapter is the issue.  When SDR-Bridge is active, it is "managing" 96 or 192k of bandwidth so when you go to a different frequency, it asumes CWSkimmer is still in control and changes the slice demod mode to CW.

Try a different 12m panadapter and I bet it behaves properly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.