Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2 meter problems on 6700 running v1.3.8.47

Options
Norm - W7CK
Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have a problem with the 6700 while trying to use 2 meters via XVTR port and any other HF band on a different panadapter at the same time.  In other words, I open my first Panadapter and select 2 meters.  I enter a frequency, or use the one that pops up because I've been there before.  Next I open a 2nd Panadapter.  It automatically opens it using the 2 meter band.  I then try to switch it to any other HF band and BOTH panadpaters go to that HF band.  In Panadapter 1 I try to switch back to 2 meters and both panadpaters go there.  I just can't seem to separate both panadapters.  I should be able to set panadapter 1 to 40 meters using ANT 1.  Then open Panadapter 2 and select 2 meters using XVTR.   I'm not able to do that.  I've tried lots of times with lots of different combinations.  I'm sure I was able to do this with v1.2.  

Norm - W7CK  

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    There are still some issues with selecting both a 2m and HF band  that we are working through in the current testing of SmartSDR v1.4.  

The issue occurs because of the SCU assignment to a particular antenna port. If the SCU that is associated with the panadapter currently on the 2m band is instructed to open a slice in the HF frequency range, that single SCU cannot digitize RF from the HF band and 2m at the same time.  

What you may be experiencing is band persistence that is reassigning the antenna assignments for those bands that consequently reassigns the associated SCU,

You can try this as a possible work around.  Open one panadapter.  Assign it to RX-A.  The create/tune a slice to the HF band.

Then open another panadapter and assign it to RX-B.  Then create a slice in the 2m band.

This action above forces SCU-0 to the first panadapter and SCU-1 to the 2nd panadapter.

Now change the antenna on Panadapter 2 from RX-B to XVTR

And change the antenna on Panadapter 1 from RX-A to ANT-1

You should now have HF on ANT-1 and 2m on XVTR.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.