Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to setup FreeDV with the 6300...????

Downloaded the lastest FreeDV program and got it to at least display the waterfall put not really sure how to set it up for properly with the 6300 and all the DAX options...Any help is appreciated until FreeDV is included in the upcoming new SmartSDR release.

Peter

Answers

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I deleted my copy of FreeDV. I figure I can wait another month to try digital audio.
  • The Count
    The Count Member
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for absolutely zero help!

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    ;-)
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    For the FreeDV receive input, use a DAX RX line. For FreeDV receive output, sent the audio to your computer's sound card. For FreeDV Mike input, you need to have a mike or USB Mike connected to your computer and select that computer line . Then send the FreeDV transmit OUT to the DAX TX audio line on the same channel that you are using for RX. The enable DAX on the Flea transmit panel. That should get you started. Then see the directions for other settings. Hope this helps.
  • The Count
    The Count Member
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for that info. I basically got things to work but the quality was pretty bad in both directions, probably because I am not even running the Flex under real Windows but Parallels. So 2 sets of audio adjustmets to get just right. But I think its just a matter of weeks for the SmartSDR update that will include the FreeDV so that will be much better.

UPDATE: Managed to get 90% copy on a QSO on 14.236. Appears I did not tune that red line properly in the waterfall windows before. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.