Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can profiles do this?

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am slowly getting to grips with amateur radio in the 21st century, my last rig was an FT200 and the logbook was made from dead trees.

FRS 6300 and SSDR 1.3.0.116.

I want to use profiles to do something simple. I am playing with RTTY and I would like to have a single RTTY setting that is good for each band. I would like the profile to contain DIGL as the mode setting as well as a narrow filter (which I curently have to set manually each time to contain the two tones only) and to have that filter to have a set offset (so I can tune the signal properly in MMTTY).

The aim is to change band, load my RTTY profile, and be good to go. Is that doable?

Tnx,

Guy G4DWV/4X1LT

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    It would be nice if Flex would publish which of the parameters are saved in the PROFILES or, better yet, perhaps, those that are not.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Others have asked for this and I understand it is on it's way. I am *very* new to the FR 'family' and hoped some of the more experienced members here would be able to answer my question and save me some time.

Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Simple enough to try it and see if memory stores it in profile. Just set it up on one band, save it then scramble it and see if it comes back.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    You need to create separate profiles for each band, like a "memory".
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It would be very handy if each Global Profile could store the basic frequency and mode information for each of the bands on the band button panel.  That way I could have a CW Global Profile with all my CW starting frequencies on each band, a SSB-DX profile with all the DX nets (one on each band), a RTTY profile, with the RTTY hangout frequency for each band, a PSK31 Profile with the PSK31 base frequencies for each band, etc.....As it is, once I click on a profile, then change bands, it doesn't even have the basic band persistence that it used to have before profiles.  So far, this one of only a very few "misses" in the implementation of Profiles.  

The TX profiles are implemented very well, overall, with only a few "tweaks" needed.  (a subject I have addressed in other posts)

We are well on our way to making this a truly untouchable rig.  Thanks FRS.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.