Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Found many areas where persistance is needed

Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited December 2018 in New Ideas
Been burning up the WSJT-x bands lately, Fascinating mode.
You can make contacts with stations you can not hear or see in the waterfall but are decoded by Joe's software. But many areas need persistence.
Display: It seems the settings for Gain, Black, and Rate need constant resetting each time I start a session.
The main slice display, I think you call it the Slice Flag, always starts in the middle of the display screen. As WSJT is normally USB, that means half the signal area is missing from view. Each time I must drag the flag to the left so the entire signal area is available for view.
It would be great for persistence to remember 'my choices' for screen setup by which ever mode I choose to operate at that moment.

Wonder is other digital mode users have found other settings that must be reset when they select their favorite modes?

Comments

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    OT: I am back into ham radio and was trying out WSJT-X. Did you manage to get the prog to control the frequency of your radio? I tried to set up CAT and managed to get a connection to my rig (6300) minus freq control.

TIA
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Guy I'm not familiar with the 6300 other than in general terms. I use a 6.5K.
    But the principal should be similar.
    Yes I was able to get automatic rig control. My main logging program is DXLabs.
    In WSJT-x I Configuration I select DX Lab Suite Commander.
    WSJT uses ethernet to connect with Commander to provide both rig control of frequency, and direct automatic logging to DX Labs Suite logging application called DXKeeper.
    Guy, if you email me with your address I will send you screen shots of how my system is setup.
    To complicated to explain via this mode. my email is bill@w9ol.com
    PS: the bands seem to have recovered from that massive solar storm yesterday.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.