Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dont Delay Roadmap for New Unadvertised Features

Nick
Nick Member ✭✭
edited January 2017 in New Ideas

I think Flex should stick to the current roadmap and work on delivering the features originally advertised. 
A lot of us made the decision to go with the Flex 6 series because we wanted the ability to operate remotely.  We are all techies in this hobby and I’m sure any of us could figure out a way to operate remotely one way or another, but we were willing to pay for an out-of-the-box solution. 

Every release has added new features and enhancements, but the basic operation of the radio still does not meet the initially advertised capability of a networked radio.  If the Flex radio was a car we’d be asking for fixes, new parts, and cool add-ons for the current model instead of saving up to purchase next year’s model when it comes out.  I think Flex should devote all of their development effort to delivering the original capabilities and let their maintenance team work on fixing any true bugs.  All of the great suggestions they are receiving should be evaluated by the business end of the company and rolled into the first upgrade that will cost money.

I’ve held about every title there is in the Software Development/Engineering field and if I learned anything over the years it was to stick to the original requirements.   Everyone that walks through the door has a suggestion or complaint, some are very good, and some are a waste of time.  All of them slow down production and introduce potential bugs and delays.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Comments

• Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    You must have read one of my previous post! Almost word for word. I agree my purchase was aimed at one thing remote over the internet. I have used team viewer and skype with the 3000 and the 5000 with great results but I wanted one without noticeable latency. So I am with you Flex needs to deliver the radio I ordered and paid for the night they were introduced. I have signature series #50 and am waiting patiently for remote over the wan. I can live with the below par dsp because I do not use it very often, give me remote over the Wan or give me dea... Not really I just want the radio I order ended.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.