Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Profile MGR.

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
My radio, 6500, has been unlocked for MARS operation. The profile manager will not let me create a profile outside of the ham bands.vIs there a reason for that?

Comments

• G4YDO
    G4YDO Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    hi,

how did you unlock the 6500?
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Send Flex proof of MARS affiliation and MARS callsign and they will give you the instructions on how to unlock the radio. Tim is a good contact to get that done.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2020
    Bob - a few questions.

1.) What are you calling the profile?  Some type of characters are not allowed that prevents profiles from being saved.

2.) Is it saving a profile that is causing the issue or trying to load one?
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I'm trying to save a profile in the MARS bands and the Profile Mgr. takes the info but will not let me save it. Works well in the ham bands. I can't follow the logic if that's the case
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Reset your persistence database as described on page 6, item #2 in the SmartSDR v1.3 Release Notes in the Known Issues, Caveats and Limitation section. This should fix the issue of not being able to save global profiles.
    Also make sure that you do not use any unusual characters like backslashes in the profile name.

Let me know if that fixed your issue.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tim, when you read the instructions very carefully usually things work like they should. Thanks for the help. Everything is good here.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    I am glad it is working properly for you now.  73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.