Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR Alert Helper

George KF2T
George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I run SmartSDR on a Mac Pro, using a virtual machine. Today, I switched to VMWare Fusion, from Parallels. It seems to run a bit better in my situation. As an aside, I do notice that the transmitted DAX audio is cleaner - under Parallels, I had occasional clicks in the output. They're gone now.

Anyway - the question -- When I launch SSDR, I now get two windows. One is the traditional SSDR interface, the other is a "SmartSDR Alert Helper" -- and it's just a gray box. You can see it on the right side of the attached image. I can't drag it or resize it.

Any ideas what to do with it? Not an awful problem, but it does cover up part of my desktop.

Thanks, Flex Team!

Geo, KF2T

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    You need to leave it running.  This is the app that provides status messages from the radio.  The window is usually minimized when running natively under Windows.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks, Tim.
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017

George,

I think you'll find VMware Fusion a much better platform. I ran my Flex6700 on FD 2014 under VMware on my MacBook Pro (17") and had ZERO issues.

BTW - What was really cool, was the fact that the logging laptop was networked in to the Flex6700 to capture the frequency for N3FJP. (Nothing to do with VMware, just thought it was cool) 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.