Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MON when MON is off?

K4ELO
K4ELO Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Does anyone else with a 6000 hear a distorted version of their voice in the headphones when transmitting with the MON off? Just wondering if I am the only one. I know that I "hear things" but this is distracting! 73 Wayne K4ELO

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Sounds like a little RF getting into your headsets. Does it go away when you reduce power? Or on speakers? Have you tried a ferrite on the phones lead?
  • K4ELO
    K4ELO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Thanks George. I have rf chokes at the feedpoint of all antennas and rf beads on all leads into/out of the 6700 except the coax. Happens at all power levels but stronger with more power. Happens using either an antenna or a dummy load. Does not happen with my other rig.
  • Ed baker
    Ed baker Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    usually RF
  • jim
    jim Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I have the same problem with my flex 3000
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    What kind of antenna are you using and what are you doing for a ground. If you cure the RFI cause you will not need the Tories and chokes.
  • K4ELO
    K4ELO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    One vertical and two delta loops. But the problem is there on the dummy load too. Every piece of gear is grounded with a half inch braid to a common bus bar in the station. That has both a braid and a double number 8 wire going out to an 8' ground rod about 9' from the internal ground bus. Then there are 8 more ground rods around the house until the chain connects to the power line ground. Again, this problem does not occur in my other rig, a Yaesu. If this is RFI then why doesn't it affect the Yaesu?
  • K6NOK- Bill
    K6NOK- Bill Member
    edited January 2015
    Wayne, did you ever resolve this problem???? I have exactly the same thing with my 6300. I do not have RFI issues here in the shack with any other rigs. So I don't believe it's RF feedback. Thanks Bill W6BWS
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Bill,

If you reduce your power to 1 watt and the problem is still there you will know it's not RF getting where it shouldn't be. I have found all of the Flex radios I owned to me a little more susceptible to RF getting where you don't want it.

Jon...kf2e

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.