Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 Slow Shutdown still problem on 1.2.17.65 SSDR

Duane_AC5AA
Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
With the new 1.2.17.65 level of SSDR and firmware, I find the problem where pressing the power off button does not result in a shutdown for about a minute still remains.  I know this was written up before, but I can't find it at the moment.  One thing remains true with this problem - if you have transmitted since powering on, then it powers off correctly.  If you have not transmitted, it hangs in the process, leaving the FLEX-6500 in the annunciator lights.  At this point, if you momentarily depress the mic PTT switch, it will immediately start the shutdown process.  I have not tried pressing the key to see if that also does it.  Hope something here is useful.

Comments

• Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited February 2015
    Just powered on my 6500, updated both computers yesterday to the latest software...
    Switched on 6500 then switched off
    Shut down time 6 seconds

Tried again Switched on 6500 started Smartsdr so it's running but not transmitted.
    6500 will not turn off!!!

3rd attempt.... switched on 6500 started Smartsdr, running and tuned up...
    quit Smartsdr 6500 will not turn off....

Strange was working fine yesterday with hrd and made a  few psk contacts... and was impressed at how quick it shut down.... now not sure what's happening..

• EMIL-DL8JJ
    EMIL-DL8JJ Member ✭✭
    edited July 2014

I have the same problems with my 6700.

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Same issue with my 6700. Shut down quickly yesterday. Now same old very slow shutdown Plus. Radio is still receiving after I close SSDR just like with V1.2.1
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2020
    I have added this to the bug tracker for additional investigation.  Thanks for the reports.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I like to also confirm the hanging shutdown.  I am going to try Duane's work around.  I have tried many avenues trying to find a way around the problem. Such as shutting down the SmartSDR then shutting down the radio, that worked for a couple of weeks, but my have been a result of what Duane was doing but did not realize it.  Something that you may want to consider is having a shutdown button in the SmartSDR APP.  This would cause an ordered shutdown of both app and the radio.  A one step shut down would make for fewer steps in the process. 
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Tim you need to put some priority on this as for my self it is driving me nuts and makes me feel that I did not spend my money wisely. 
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Tim Just an additional thought.  HI-FI manufactures learned a long time ago that you need to mute the audio when doing start ups and shutdowns to keep high powered systems from blowing up speakers as well as the general irritation factor of the pops and noise.  Thanks.
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    On a related issue, when I shut down SmartSDR and then shut down the 6700, I still get the under-voltage warning message and tone after I shut down the power supply. See #302 in the release notes which (I believe) states that this issue had been addressed.
  • Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited February 2015
    I noticed that my 6500 no longer does this....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.