Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 problems shutting down

Options
howard krawitz
howard krawitz Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
When I first received the 6300  and went to shut down the software and hardware everything closed accordingly. Now the only way to shut down the radio is to push to start up button and sometimes it takes two or three tries.

I looked to see if there was a setup procedure for this, but could not find anything. Please advise.

Thanks

Howard Krawitz
AH6TX
gvm920@gmail.com

Answers

• Ken N9VV
    Ken N9VV Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hi Howard, might this help?

From the v1.2 Users Guide:
    23.12 Restoring to Factory Defaults ................................................................................. 92

23.12 RESTORING TO FACTORY DEFAULTSOn the FLEX-6500 or FLEX-6700, restore to factory defaults hold down the “OK” button on the front panel of the radio while you press the power button. On the FLEX-6300, hold down the power button until the LED blinks purple. This will clear any memories in the radio and return them back to their original state. NOTE: This should only be used as a last resort. Contact support if you are having trouble with your radio.

GL de Ken N9VV

• K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Howard -

I have found, push the on/off button once and then leave it alone.  Takes a minute or so to shut itself off.

73 de K1ESE
    John

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Know BUG not only limited to 6300. They are promising a fix in the next releae
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    So far, I've found that the 6000 series rigs act just like computers, in that they take time to "boot up" or "shut down" ergo...as one other suggests.. hit the button once to let er boot before starting the software, and after shutting down the software, hit the button once, and let it go through it's routine to shut down.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.