Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart SDR tunes at random increments..?

Options
Sparks
Sparks Member
edited February 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I'm running a 6300 with Smart SDR 1.2.1. When sliding the slice around, it snap-tunes at completely wrong increments. I set the tuning step to say 100hz, and it tunes 14.185.1, 14.185.2, 14.185.4, 14.185.6, 14.185.9 ,14.186.1 . A setting of 10hz tunes at 160hz steps. 1 hz tunes at 167hz increments. Settings of 500hz and above tune normally.  Note: OK, I see that if you are displaying LESS than 300khz on the panadapter, it tunes correctly. Is this normal?  Bob-AB5N

Answers

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Bob,

Great question.  I think what you're noticing is that if you are zoomed way out on the Panadapter, each pixel may represent more than your Tune Step Size.  In that case, you may skip points.  This is completely normal and is necessary to keep the Slice aligned within the Panadapter.  Otherwise the Slice would not track the mouse movement on a really wide Panadapter.

It is probably easier if you understand that while dragging a Slice around on screen, the first thing that happens when the mouse moves is to identify what frequency is represented given the movement of the mouse.  Then we apply the Snap Tune function to this.  This means that even if each pixel represents 3kHz, the Snap will put it on the nearest step to that frequency.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.