Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ATU should not switch off when slice is changed unless band is changed

Duane_AC5AA
Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas

SSDR 1.2.1.49, Flex-6500: 

If I have two slices open in the same band and run the ATU on one, then switch to TX on the other slice, the ATU is disabled.  This doesn't allow one to easily tune up off the DX's frequency (for example) and leads to more unnecessary time spent tuning.  Solutions could be to allow the ATU to remain engaged on the same band, or in the same band segment, or a specified range of frequencies (e.g. +/- 100 KHz) .  I'd lean toward major band segments, although keeping it engaged in the same band is also OK, allowing the user to determine if SWR has risen too much. 

Comments

• Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I have the same issue when switching the receive antenna. Switching the receive antenna should not change the ATU.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This is technically not a defect as the ATU is operating as it is currently designed.  I have converted this topic to an "idea" to get additional feedback from the Community.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    This is a frustration to me, too.  I get around it by shifting my TX with XIT and tuning off frequency.  But if I accidentally hit another slice, of if I add a slice to work splits, I must re-tune again.  It is a real time waster, and a spectrum polluter.

Ultimately I dream of the ATU being able to remember my band, mode, frequency, antenna port, etc. and remember it's tuning position whenever I change to antenna 2 for my vertical, and back to antenna 1 for my beam, etc.  Automation is great, especially if you don't need to constantly do things manually!  (I think Yogi Berra might have said that!)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.