Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

The 6300 is wonderful!

K6OZY
K6OZY Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Here is a video of a quick 30 minutes with my Flex 6300. Here I make a DX contact on 20M at the start at 2AM, which is unexpected on my Carolina Windom. I then play with CW Skimmer and SDR-Bridge for a while.  

The 6300 performed just like the 6700, but with the expected limitations on slice / pan adapter count.   It is noticeably smaller physically, and will make a PERFECT field radio for me.   I'll be posting a video on how to setup WSPR and RMS Express in SmartSDR soon also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2i340O1y6I

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Thank you for such a wonderful presentation. Flex should hire you on how to sell a radio!!!!

Jim, K6QE
  • W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited October 2018

Yes, thanks for sharing this video - looks great.

I look forward to seeing your WSPR and RMS Express setup videos as I am interested in learning how this is done.

- Bob, W1RE

• k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the great video.  Thought I could push a lot of buttons...  Nice job!!
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Jim how do you loop back the audio from DAX through the computer?
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I too have been testing the 6300 for several weeks now and very impressed with its performance..  I have nothing but praise for it thus far.  If you don't need or want all the slices and panadapters, it is a great buy for the cost.  I have had excellent audio reports, great cw and ssb dx and local qsos and it had very little software glitches because of the software had already been tested for the 6000 series..  Flex truly has a winner here.  Jim K4JAF
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    As one of the first 6300 and 6700 Alpha testers you'll find the 6300 is a superb radio in every way. In everyday ham radio use the receive performance is identical with the 6700 in A/B tests. The compact size of the 6300 makes it ideal for portable use. The 6300 uses the same SmartSDR software as the other radios in the 6x00 radios. You'll find this radio will meet your needs with two panadapters and two slice receivers. CW operations is perfect. This radio is shipping now so there is no wait. Mack W4AX
  • Jim - AJ0IM
    Jim - AJ0IM Member
    edited January 2016
    Purchased a 6300 today at Dayton. Anxious to get back to Colorado and put it on the air.
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    You will enjoy it.....  Great radio for the cost!!!  Enjoy....  Jim K4JAF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.