Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

3000 PL encode

Kuby, N6JSX
Kuby, N6JSX Member
edited January 2017 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
How is a PL Encoder board attached/installed to operate 6m & 10 FM repeaters?

Could the Sig-Gen be used for PL tones (with the right connections and PLL parts)?

Answers

• Frank T. Thomsen
    edited January 2017
    Kuby,

Do you by any chance mean CTCSS (also called subtones here in EU)? If so, it is available in the TX settings when in FM mode along with microphone profile and repeater spacing. CTCSS is only available in TX, no tone squelch in PSDR.
    OZ5ACI, Frank
  • Kuby, N6JSX
    Kuby, N6JSX Member
    edited April 2016
    Sub-tone: PL (private line) is the jargon used for the encode tone as CTCSS is used for the decode tone (in the USA).

I searched the 3000 manual for CTCSS, PL tone, subtone finding no reference. 'Tone' comes up often but nothing in regards to subtone, FM operations, or repeater memory programming.  Are there any suppliments to V2.0 manaul are not listed in the DL area as the manaul date is 2010, but the latest software is 12/2013?   
  • Frank T. Thomsen
    edited May 2014
    So we are talking about the same thing here, a good starting point...

I haven't had a look in the manual (loooong time Flexer). I did however find the whole thing quite intuitive to set up.

Switch your radio to FM and the mode specific controls panel (Mic, DX, CPDR, VOX, DEXP in AM and SSB) will change to support that mode with repeater spacings and CTCSS and so forth.

Set your deviation, operating frequency (VFO) and RPTR offset, press plus or minus as required, include CTCSS if necessary and set the frequency for that, hit the memory button and a table of your current memories comes up.

Down left you will have the option to add what you have just set up. You may give the channel a name and you will be able to scroll up and down in your channels in the little mode specific panel when in FM mode as well. I just TeamViewed myself into my Flex-5000 to illustrate what I mean in the above snip.

Hope this was useful, have fun on the repeaters.

73 de OZ5ACI, Frank

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.