Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

NR on digital

Rick Hadley - W0FG
Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Loving the upgrade, but one question...  The NR no longer seems to be available in DIGU or DIGL.  Is this a bug or a feature?

Answers

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    I think that the philosophy is that any noise processing done on data streams is destructive since almost all modems (software or hardware) have their own noise processing algorithms built in. Secondly, noise processin you do in the radio increases latency before the data is passed to the modem so for modes that require low latency, this will exacerbate problems.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Noise reduction and ANF will adversely affect the decoding of digital mode signals.  Technically it is a feature.  You want to pass the audio unmolested to the digital mode program for decoding.  The same is true on transmit which is why all signal process (PROC & EQ) are disabled in DIGx modes.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Agreed, I want to know that when I am using digital that all filters intended for voice are turned off.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.