Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

radio setup missing

Options
DonS
DonS Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
The radio had been on for 7 hours and I decided to bring up Radio Setup.  When I brought it up the only thing that showed was the radio in the left panel and only the tabs in the right panel.  Clicking on any one of the tabs resulted in a blank panel.  This happened to me about a week ago.  The last time this occurred I powered down the radio and restarted. I still had the problem so I powered down a second time and when I started up everything was ok in the panels.  I am running a 6700 with the latest version of SSDR, SCAT, and DAX.  The OS is Win 7 Pro 64b with all the latest patches.  When I first powered up as before, everything was present on the tabs.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Don - This is the first time I have heard of this type of display anomaly.  You might try updating your video driver.  I recommend using video drivers from the manufacturer and not what is supplied via Microsoft Update.  Try that and see if it makes a difference.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    The video card is an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro.  When I checked for an updated driver, it said it had the latest driver which was dated 11/9/2011.  The version was 8.920.0.0.  The driver provider was AMD.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Don - ATI  (now AMD) updates their drivers several times a year.  The current Catalyst driver is 13.1.  

See this HD article for links on how to get the latest AMD drivers (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118588-Where-to-get-the-latest-AMD-ATI-Video-Driv...)
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    OK, finally got version 8.970.100.1100 dated 4/29/2013.  I saw 13.12 and I thought that was what was being downloaded. I tried several times but I can not get past 8.970 to load.  I will run SSDR and monitor it periodically and see if I still have the problem.

thanks Don
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Don - sounds like a plan.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    After running for two days continuous I opened up Settings in SSDR and though it showed both left and right side of the window, when I selected a different tab all I got was a blank right side window of the settings regardless of which tab I selected.
  • WQ5C
    WQ5C Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I've seen this a few of times on my 6500.  Restarting SSDR fixes the issue.  I'll play around with it and see if I can find a way to make it happen consistently.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Ive seen it once or twice over time on my 6700 with Win 7/64 OS and even with latest Catalyst video drivers.  Like others it came back on 6700 reboot and SSDR restart.  Cant pin it down to anything in particular here.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.