Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Antenna port & tuner memory/persistence...

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in New Ideas

Lifted from my "Praise" post after the ARRL DX SSB Contest...

I would love to have Antenna tuner memories/persistence....

I ran two antennas, a dipole and a vertical, and it would be nice to connect them to the ANT1 & ANT2 ports and have the tuner remember tuner settings for each antenna whenever they are selected, and remember the tuning settings for several places in each band.  This would speed things up a lot. 

Whenever I switched from the dipole to the 40 meter vertical, I needed to take time to tune, even if I was just going to make a quick call.  Thankfully this transmitter seems to be very tolerant of mismatch and I didn't feel like I was putting things at too much rick without hitting the tuner for brief calls!

Comments

• Brian_W9HLQ
    Brian_W9HLQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I would like to see a drop down editable matrix table that would allow me to define which antenna port should be used by default.   This would be driven by the band selected for a particular receiver slice.  If receiver B happens to be on 40 then my dipole port will be selected.  Further, the correct port will be activated when the red TX indicator is moved to a particular receiver slice. -W9HLQ-

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.