Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Software reboot?

rfoust
rfoust Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in New Ideas
I think the 6000 is running some flavor of Linux (educated guess)?  Is it possible to have an API command to do a OS reboot?  I'm mostly thinking of remote operation (where remote could be somewhere else in the house).  I could easily call the reboot command from the command line if the API supported it.

I've seen some flakyness where (i assume) the radio thinks SmartSDR-Win is already connected but it really isn't.  When I try to load SmartSDR-Win, it will immediately bomb out with "connection lost" but a reboot of the radio fixes it.

Haven't done an exhaustive test of this condition but I figured a OS reboot would be a easy workaround/fix and would just be a handy tool to have in the bag either way.

Thanks!
0 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited March 2017
    The command you are looking for is "exit reboot".  It works now and is undocumented.  If you are regularly encountering problems that require a reboot, it is important that we know what these are and go fix them.  We do not want to see an application in the field that has a "reboot the radio" button and we consider it our responsibility to fix anything that would require this.  Does this make sense?
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yep, totally makes sense.  It's been pretty rare that I've actually needed to power cycle.  If it happens again I'll do some troubleshooting to see if I can find any hints that point to the source of the problem.

Thanks!

-Robbie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.