Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW reverse sideband?

NZ8J
NZ8J Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm accustomed to tuning cw signals that increase in tone as I tune up in frequency, usually requires LCW or CWR modes on some radios. I can't seem to find any way to accomplish this with my 6500. Am I missing something or am I stuck with decreasing tone when increasing the frequency? Thanks Tim NZ8J

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The FLEX-6000 does not have a upper or lower mode; the frequency is on the carrier frequency and the sidetone is not factored into the frequency readout.

There is no way to change this in the current software. This sounds like a good candidate for an "idea" topic.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Tim,
    I had the same thought when I got my 6700.  I was also used to the "other way" but it didn't take me long to adapt.  Now when I use another radio the "other way" seems odd. 

I'm not saying adding an option is a bad idea, just that you may find after a few weeks you like it the way it works now.  And it works the same on all bands with the new FRS method. 

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.