Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Lost DAX after Scans and Restart

Jerry W2TXB
Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in DAX
After running the scans for MalwareBytes, Spybot, and Zone Alarm AV (because my PC was running rather slowly), I rebooted the PC and it ran faster (as expected), but I received a UE message. I then restarted SmartSDR, and noticed no DAX. Restarted SSDR, no error message, but no DAX (twice). Finally, after a hard reboot of the PC and starting, SSDR, the DAX was available. Once it is working, everything seems to work great. Is there something I am missing (or need to chang)e here? Thanks! :)
Tagged:

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This error indicates that SmartSDR could not bind to or open the network port to start communicating with he radio. This sounds like you have an operating system that is not working entirely correctly as under normal operation you should never see this error. Also the number of reboots you have to do to get the drivers to properly initialize is another clue. What operating system version are you using?
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I am using Win 7.
  • Alan - KA4B
    Alan - KA4B Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    This is another reason I prefer to run OSX. There is no practical need for running these kinds of software that may interfere with the operation of the radio.
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    If SSDR would work with Ubuntu, I would just wipe and "Linux" the machine. When I got the 6700, I considered wiping and re-installing the (Win-7) OS from scratch... also considered replacing the current HD with a SSD, but did not do that, either. Maybe this (or the release of 1.1 would be a good excuse to do both, and then use the current HD as a secondary drive.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    That might not be a bad idea on the Win 7 re-install from scratch. I usually do this every 18-24 months to to wipe out the crud from "OS rot".
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Cool! This (original) OS has been on here since 9/2010... long before my (previous) Flex 5000A. Thanks for the assist... just ordered a SSD (180 gb should do the job, and then some) and adapter bracket from Newegg. Maybe it will arrive to coincide with the arrival of SmartSDR 1.1 so I can do it all at once. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.