Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Panadapter stops at the band edge

Takeshi Yamada
Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in New Ideas
I know it was discussed before from a different pont of view. It would be very convenient when we select a band, keep the panadapter does not go beyond/below the band edge. When I spin the wheel fast, it goes far below the edge sometimes and takes time to come back to the band.

Comments

• Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    wheel means FlexControl. And the edge may not necessarily the edge, might be 5 to 10% below or above the edge.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hi Takeshi, i guess this is a part of the common roadmap with planned persistence
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Thank you, Sergey. The other idea of panadapter will be "Bird View Button" to the whole band. I often want to see whole band to see if it is open/active or not when switching the band. de JA2IYJ/1
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I think it is easiest wishes - open several PAN's without slice RX's to control the bands
  • Jim Bryce W5HFS
    Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The red lines defining band edges in PowerSDR are quite helpful, especially with the channels on 60 meters. It would be good to have a usable settable feature so one could define portions such as CW, Voice, license class, beacons, etc. visually and possibly could set hard "stops" for tuning. These are convenience features as the software evolves. Good job Flex, thanks.
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    When I do contest, I sometimes want to see the band macroscopic to check if I am in too clouded spot or not and get back to where I am. So it will be very nice if I could switch microscope and macroscope with a single click and I do not need to see out-of-band when I use macroscope. I am a Flex6500 user and do not want to use slices for this purpose - they are for monitoring other bands. It will be very nice if we could see band plan by back ground color and band edge as a red line, too. I sold IC-7700 recently and I have only Flex6500. Hence, usability of Flex6000 is the key of my radio life....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.