Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I setup DAX with Fldigi?

Tim - W4TME
Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Greg K5GJ has a "how to" Youtube video FLEX-6000 SmartSDR DAX How To that shows the steps for setting up DAX with the FLEX-6000 Signature Series SDR and Fldigi. There is even a section on how to optimize the Windows sound devices to get a few extra dB of dynamic range out of the receive process and remove some Windows sample rate re-sampler aliasing artifacts on your transmitted signals. Good stuff. A must see.

Answers

• Vern
    Vern Member
    edited June 2014
    Don't have any luck getting FLDIGI or DIGIPAN to go into transmit when pushing their respective TX buttons. Hint?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2019
    First you have to make sure CAT is working by verifying that the program is tracking the Slice A frequency. Then you may have to toggle the slice A TX to get CAT to work with PTT. This is covered in the Release Notes in the Known Issues, Limitations and Caveats section.
  • Vern
    Vern Member
    edited June 2014
    That was quick! TU Vern W9HLY
  • Vern
    Vern Member
    edited June 2020
    No joy! A friend who is thinking of getting a 6xxx help me. Got it to xmt once and the freq appeared in FLdigi but disappeared after a few seconds and a button or two clicked. Don't know which buttons! Tried Digipan. No transmit either. Pressing Refresh in the Port Map (of CAT) list Digipan under 'Connected To:' but FLdigi does not show. Using Com4 for both 'third party pgms' . And they match in CAT displays. Hints? P.S. My 1500 acted up today. Audio is unintelligible & display rather non-typicall. How would I re-install the latest software. Never happened B4. Vern
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Most of the digital programs need a PTT comm port to work. SSDR CAT you can set up a PTT port and then reference the lowest port number of the two in your digital program. It should work.
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I am using the SmartSDR.xml file that Tim wrote and loaded it into fldigi, but I cannot make fldigi retain the com port I assign. It always reverts to com 12 for some reason. that is not the port that I assigned form SmartCAT. fldigi is not getting info from the radio, of course. Can someone explain to me how to make this work> I have PTT working OK.
  • Vern
    Vern Member
    edited December 2015
    Appear to have it all working thanks to K3GEN. I cannot tell the story of how he got there but it happened. Thanks to all. Until the next problem, Vern
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Also (finally) got the DAX and CAT set up to work; so far, so good. The video and the documentation got me there... well, those and a few minutes of time between working and sleeping. Follow the video and published instructions to the letter, and it is good to go. :)
  • Vern
    Vern Member
    edited June 2014
    Good! You deserve a bit of luck this time of year! My 'santa's helper/elmer' watched a video on Youtube that I think helped to some degree. I have a small problem yet with 'fldigi' Each time I boot up fldig I have to go get the SmartSDR.xml file and let fldigi do with it whatever it does with it. There may be a work around but I haven't found it yet. Digipan responds perfectly. TU Vern W9HLY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.