Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote pod for 6000 series

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas
I wish I could develop this but I think it would be great to have a remote tuning pod with a few encoders and a set of buttons....similar to the TMate II. But, it would connect via Ethernet to your switch....or it could have an optional wifi board to connect to a wireless router. 73 Greg AB7R
1 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Greg, It wouldn't be hard to develop such a critter - a Raspberry Pi or similar with some external encoders etc would be almost a software only job. The API already exists over the Ethernet so do this. Rather than go down the hardware approach for this, I decided to use a pure software application as an iPad App. Screen shot attached and I hope to finally have the app in the Apple app store in a couple of weeks. Finally about to hit beta... Stu K6TU
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Slick looking Stu. Wish I still had my Apple. :) I was thinking something you could use while contesting that you can keep your hand on without having to look at it. Having it as an app would still require your line of sight to shift to the ipad. In a non-contesting environment this would definitely be slick! Tnx 73 Greg
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    edited May 2020
    Greg, Here's what I look at in a contest - works like a charm! iPad, 2 monitors and FlexControl. Stu
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Interesting. And I like the simple layout. I am hoping that if you have an app that uses the API and you are intending to release in the near future that the API will also be released to the rest of us too.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Stu, looks very nice. How is the response time or lag between the 1Pad2 and the radio? Ciao, Dennis, k0eoo
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    edited May 2020
    Some of the alpha testers have iPad2 and haven't made any comments about lag. On my Retina iPad there is zero lag. Stu K6TU
  • Bill - K7UOP
    Bill - K7UOP Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    With my older iPad2 there is no discernible lag. Bill - K7UOP
  • Ted_Spiegel_NX6C
    Ted_Spiegel_NX6C Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I use an iPad2 here at the NX6C station. The K6TU iPad application is my 6700's "front panel". There are enough control surfaces, sliders and indicators to satisfy my needs. There is no discernible lag between action on the control surface (the iPad screen) and the SmartSDR controls.
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Likewise IPad 2 no lag noticed. Great program stu. I personally like it better than the flex control for my operation.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.