Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone able to get 192KHz from a 5K to CW Skimmer?

Options
philip.theis
philip.theis Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Wondering if anyone is able to get full bandwidth to Skimmer server from a Flex5000. I have heard of some who are only getting 48KHz. Thanks, Phil K3TUF

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Not possible. The skimmer configuration that you have to use in the skimmer setup to interface with PowerSDR is limited to 24 kHz. You should contact Alex and talk to him about adding a PowerSDR configuration like SDR-IQ that will open up CWS to wider bandwidths
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I will, thanks
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I've asked Alex about this a year ago and at the time he had no plans for direct Flex support for Skimmer or Skimmer server. Too bad because it would be awesome! We may have to rely on Flex building their own version of CW/Dig Skimmer.
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yes, there is lots of horsepower in the 6000 platform
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yup...the horsepower needs a gas pedal. :)
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Got an answer from Alex. He says: In the current program it is virtually impossible. I am working on a new modular interface to the hardware that will make thinks like this easier to implement. 73 Alex VE3NEA So we may be seeing something in the future
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I discussed this with Alex VE3NEA. The modular interface is on hold. But there is another avenue that will potentially allow skimming the full I/Q spectrum. That would be 96khz for the SmartSDR series, and up to 192khz for the PowerSDR series! It will require a bit of intermediate support, which I believe can be added to a utility connected to CWSkimmer by telnet and the radio by CAT. That is exactly where RigSync is positioned. So I'm planning to implement this feature in RigSync, first for PowerSDR, then for SmartSDR when I/Q becomes available. Look forward to better skimming! 73 Ed W2RF
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I've prototyped this for PowerSDR and it does indeed skim up to 192khz! Ed w2rf
  • David Pearson
    David Pearson Member ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I got my Flex 5000 running at 192K with skimmer, but you loose freq control of the powersdr... Only 96 KHz with SmartSDR...???????????

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.