Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Loss of VOX control and the slider value indicating 3 decimal places to the right (xx.****)

Mike K5UX
Mike K5UX Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Was engaged in casual 75 meter SSB tonight using VOX on my 6500. During some point in the conversation, I noticed the VOX indicator button was grayed out, but the VOX kept working. I moused over to the VOX slider and noticed it indicated 24.697 and as I moved the slider further to the right, the value changed while maintaining 3 decimal places to the right. I cycled the VOX button several times, but it didn't clear the problem....VOX worked whether the button was engaged or not. I left the 6500 on and rebooted the computer and everything came back up as it should in a normal fashion.....perhaps I should have simply closed SmartSDR, but I didn't think about that at the time. I haven't been able to duplicate the problem and only saw it once. Below are specifics relative to my particular setup. Running SmartSDR version 1.0.0 on an Apple Mac Mini (OSX Mavericks, I7 Quad w/8 GB mem and Intel HD4000 graphics) via bootcamp (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit version). Might mention the Intel HD4000 graphics engine has worked perfect at 30fps with no hiccups on a 40" Toshiba monitor and the Mac Mini appears to run with plenty of processor headroom. Also using a PR781 with balanced input on the rear of the 6500 and everything is grounded to a common ground point in my shack. I'm not running any external software....just a plain vanilla setup. Not sure what else I can offer, but I am interested if anyone has seen anything like this. Mike K5UX

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I recommend upgrading to SmartSDR v1.0.5 Beta and see if the behavior returns. If it does, let me know so I can enter a bug report.
  • Mike K5UX
    Mike K5UX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Tim, Thanks for the quick response. I'll upgrade this afternoon and let you know if I see it again. Mike K5UX
  • Mike K5UX
    Mike K5UX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Tim, I upgraded to ver. 1.0.5 and have not seen the problem occur again. It appears this was the fix in my particular case. Thanks, Mike K5UX
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the update, Mike! Glad to hear that the new software resolved the issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.