Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Please reverse mouse UP/DOWN movement to change filter width

Luis del MOlino
Luis del MOlino Member ✭✭
edited August 2016 in New Ideas
You have to move the cursor up or down to change the received band width, when you put the mouse by the lower part of the panadapter, just below of the received signal, and then a function appears that allows you to change the filter width continuosly. What I am proposing is just to reverse the sense of this fuction, because I think is better to reduce the width of the filter moving the mouse UP and enlarging width moving the mouse DOWN. It's a more logical movement because you are finishing the movement with the mouse just over the panadapter and the filter. Now, when you reduces banwidth, you are already with the mouse well below the panadapter and it is not the best place to fine tune a CW signal with a narrowed filter.

Comments

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    For me it is more intuitive as is; down to narrow and up to increase the BW. 73 Greg
  • Luis del MOlino
    Luis del MOlino Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Perhaps you are right that is more intuitive, but when you have narrowed the filter width you ent the movement well below the panadapter and you canot move the slice anymore to center it. But if you narrow the filter moving the mouse UP, you end your movement just on the midle of the filter and can move it to get a better centering of the signal. 73 Luis EA3OG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.